martes, 31 de mayo de 2011
The disaster began during a systems test on Saturday, 26 April 1986 at reactor number four of the Chernobyl plant, which is near the city of Prypiat and within a close proximity to the administrative border with Belarus and Dnieper river. There was a sudden power output surge, and when an emergency shutdown was attempted, a more extreme spike in power output occurred, which led to a reactor vessel rupture and a series of explosions. These events exposed the graphite moderator of the reactor to air, causing it to ignite. The resulting fire sent a plume of highly radioactive smoke fallout into the atmosphere and over an extensive geographical area, including Pripyat. The plume drifted over large parts of the western Soviet Union and Europe. From 1986 to 2000, 350,400 people were evacuated and resettled from the most severely contaminated areas of Belarus, Russia, and UkraineAccording to official post-Soviet data, about 60% of the fallout landed in Belarus.
The accident raised concerns about the safety of the Soviet nuclear power industry, as well as nuclear power in general, slowing its expansion for a number of years and forcing the Soviet government to become less secretive about its procedures.
Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus have been burdened with the continuing and substantial decontamination and health care costs of the Chernobyl accident. A report of the International Atomic Energy Agency,examines the environmental consequences of the accident. Estimates of the number of deaths potentially resulting from the accident vary enormously: Thirty one deaths are directly attributed to the accident, all among the reactor staff and emergency workers. A UNSCEAR report places the total confirmed deaths from radiation at 64 as of 2008. The World Health Organization (WHO) suggests it could reach 4,000. A 2006 report predicted 30,000 to 60,000 cancer deaths as a result of Chernobyl fallout. A Greenpeace report puts this figure at 200,000 or more. A Russian publication, Chernobyl, concludes that 985,000 excess deaths occurred between 1986 and 2004 as a result of radioactive contamination.
In my own personal opinion a beautiful women must have long straight hair (the color doesn’t matter), white teeth, to many curves in her body and a good stature. In order of that my ideal and perfect women would be Angelina Jolie.
martes, 10 de mayo de 2011
My new friend's name is Nellerlyn Olmedillo. She is 18 years old and is from Maracaibo originally, but at this she lives in San Francisco.
She studies Administration at URBE. Her favorite subjects are English and Administration I and II. This is her 5th trimester in the University.
She loves twitting, go to the movies, listening music and go out with her friends.
She doesn’t like Facebook too much.
After she graduated, she wants to find a better job and do a specialization to improve herself.
Her dream is have her own business and travel to London.
She really enjoys learning new languages and her desire is to improve her English level very much in this class.
Her blog's link is: http://nellerlynolmedillo.blogspot.com/
She sounds like happiness and optimism
She tastes like sugar and honey
She smells like roses and irises
She feels like love in my heart
· Hi, there! Welcome to my blog! My name’s Miguel Fernandez. I’m from Cabimas, originally. I’m 21 years old and I study Electronics Engineering at URBE . At this moment I'm living, in El Mene, Santa Rita Municipality.
· I like listening music , chatting on the net , studying English, talking on the phone with my friends, pizza , chocolates, my family , my country
, and animals . I love all the technology, specially telecommunications and informatics.
. My hobbies are playing video games and download helpful things of internet.
· I hate onions, smoking, listening Regueton, violence, war, injustice, and washing the dishes.
· My dream is to be an excellent engineer and travel around the world exerting my profession.
. After I graduated, I want to find a good job and prepare me each day more than the previos one to reach my goals in life.
· About English, I love to learn new languages. I think English is a very important tool for life. I enjoy listening music and watch TV in English. It’s a good exercise. I also chat on the internet and have friends in many countries. I can write well, but I need to practice more. The most difficult for me is speaking. I need to practice more. I hope I can make a lot of friends and practice speaking in this class.